Dan Michels Psychotherapy in Boulder, CO
I am a psychotherapist, mentor and coach working in the greater Boulder area. I specialize in working with individuals and couples across a wide variety of issues including trauma, anxiety, depression and sexuality. I offer Ketamine-Assisted Psychotherapy as well as psychedelic integration. I use a wide variety of multiple mindfulness-based techniques that form a holistic approach to mental health, including neuroscience, attachment theory, Hakomi, Gestalt, Somatic Experiencing and Internal Family Systems.
My approach to mental health includes the belief that all people have intrinsic sanity and my goal is to collaborate with that sanity to explore the various obstacles that you face in your life and in your relationships. I have always believed in the expression that psychotherapy is “assisted self discovery.”
I am LGBTQI and Poly friendly.
If you would like to know more about how I work please contact me. My first consultation session for individuals is free!
- BA Contemplative Psychology, Naropa University
- BA Religious Studies, Naropa University
- MA International Human Rights, University of Denver
- MA Transpersonal Counseling Psychology, Naropa University
Training and Certifications:
- Certified Hakomi Therapist, Boulder CO
- PACT Couples Therapy Level 2 Trained, Boulder CO
- Certified in The Right Use of Power: The Heart of Ethics, Boulder CO
- SAR (Sexual Attitude Reassessment) Level 1 Trained, Boulder CO
- Ketamine-Assisted Psychotherapy – PRATI Group, Fort Collins CO